Monday, June 26, 2006

Nottingham Part 1

A street with lots of cafes in the center. One place has deep, comfy sofas which I can see myself sinking into very often.


So we're back from Nottingham. I have to say it exceeded my expectations by about a million times. The immediate center is large and nice, lots of shopping streets and promenades, and restaurants and cafes beyond belief. The center is also cleaner than any other I have seen in England (to be honest I was expecting something akin to Birmingham), and there are lots of apartment buildings and houses within a minute from the immediate center.

I'm still dazed (but not confused!) by the trip--I have to say I can hardly wait to move.

The city seems very calm and safe; the center area has many potential areas for us to move to, all with different perks (read different restaurants or cafes nearby).

I wouldn't be me if I hadn't had a look at the shops, and I have to say that the shopping situation seems far superior to most cities I've been to. A close second to major European metropolises, I have to say.

I realize that I sound like a gushing a teenager, and also that I have rose-tinted full-strength glasses on, but I don't think that's the case. Perhaps if I'd never lived in England, or hadn't been to other cities (let alone lived in one), I might have a somewhat skewered idea of the city, but I think I am experienced enough to see things for what they are. And what they are works very well for me.

I think we're going to be very, very happy in Nottingham.

No comments: