Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Picky's Countdown Schedule Begins

Holy shit.
Somehow time has crept up on me.
2 weeks until we go to Nottingham.
7 weeks until we go to America.
11 weeks until we start moving to England.

Wow. Now, of course, time could not possibly go fast enough, but I'd rather be on the cusp of moving with everything done and sorted. As things stand now, there's just so much stuff which needs a severe dose of logistics.

I'm so excited about the Nottingham trip. Four days to snoop around and try to figure out where we want to live!
I will be stuffing myself with Indian food and Naan. Oh yes.
It would be so nice to find a flat then, as opposed to perhaps having to fly to England again before the move (before the America trip? After?)… That would certainly simplify things a great deal.

As summer is seriously sucking here, I cannot wait to bask in the warmth of both NY and LV. All of a sudden +50C doesn't sound unpleasant at all. Sun, pool, watermelon? How can I possibly contain myself. Not to mention 5 days in New York… I do think we'll like it there. I am going to have to do some serious shopping (it's illegal for a female of the species to go to NY and NOT shop, right?), and hopefully we'll be able to go to either an SNL or Daily Show taping. Not to mention the museums. And the cafes. And the food. And oh my, we only have 5 days.

Yesh.
I can hardly wait for our trips.

I also can't wait for it to be, say, October, and for us to be all settled in, either.

But it's odd that although I sound complainy, I'm not stressing out, worried, or pulling my hair out. This is definitely something new, as far as mindsets go.

3 comments:

Cooks said...

and you were jealous of us being in Spain? I am SO unbelievebly jealous of you guys going to NY like you won't believe!!! Goodluck though with all the planning and moving. I guess can compare notes with me moving end of july..

chimera said...

oh how exciting ! you will LOVE New York... and please have some extra Indian food for S and I while you are in Nottingham !

Cooks said...

Oh and let us know what the house hunt turns out with!! And ofcourse make sure you have a spair guest room for those unexpected visitors ;-)