Sunday, September 24, 2006

Serendipitous Coincidences

#1 So I was looking for a place near where we live for Ashtanga yoga. Step one of procrastinating: make it seem as though you're just getting information to get going, and that that is the reason you haven't done whatever it is you're not doing. Five minutes into browsing the website I get spam about Ayurvedic treatment and yoga in Kerala, India. I did not give my email address anywhere, nor have I ever gotten spam like this before. Quite funny, really.

#2 Last night we spent our last £10 note and were out of cash. Walking home, I spotted a £10 note on the sidewalk.

#3 On Friday I went to the Pitcher and Piano for a post-workweek drink and to read the newspapers before MrPicky got home. He called me, and I told him where I was. He then told me that two people we were supposed to be meeting up with later in the evening were there as well. I wasn't about to give up my comfy couch, and as I couldn't see anybody fitting their description, I decided to stay put until MrPicky got there. Ten minutes later I see a couple approach my couches (there are two), and they just sit down. They also fit the description. What cinched the deal was they then spoke in German. I figured the chances they wouldn't be the right people were so minimal I could take the risk. I introduced myself and we had a good laugh over the whole thing--they'd wandered over because there were no other sets of couches available, and they figured they'd just smoke me out eventually, LOL!

No comments: