Saturday, January 28, 2006

Have Fun in Spain (not that I'm bitter, but...)

On Wednesday I went to hydrobics, only to discover that my hydrobics instructor, the bestest of the best, has left for Spain for a couple of months. I thought she would've been replaced by the other instructor, a very militant-sounding woman who's good, but,well, not very encouraging, but noooo... She's been replaced by some aerobics instructor who's never done hydrobics instructing (or hydrobics, for that matter)before. Things would not be so bad--as she's surely going to learn and develop with time--except for the fact that she'll only be able to do it for four weeks, after which they're going to find yet another green instructor to take her place! That is going to definitely enact the proverb 'blind leading the blind'. So I and my hydrobics friends are in mourning.

Gymgirl (with whom I also go to hydrobics) and I are going to try something else. There's a women's gymnastics association that does excercise classes (bodypump, bodyboxing, fatburn etc.) at different schools' gym halls in the evenings, so we figure that might be worth trying. It's really cheap, too (55EUR for the spring term and unlimited access to classes).

The problem is that I've never been to "real" excercise classes. Every time I think of an instructed class (well, apart from hydrobics) I think of myself in 9th grade trying to follow the aerobics teacher (fortunately we only did aerobics once or twice).
I'm sure it'll be fine, but it'll be quite the experience!

Hmm... better spend the weekend getting used to the idea.
Oh, and voting (presidential elections, 2nd round) and going for a nice brisk walk on Sunday.

No comments: