Monday, January 16, 2006

Monday is here.

My least favorite day of the week. Except that this week it's actually started well, weightloss-wise anyway.

I have now managed to lose the two kilos I gained at Christmas. I was starting to worry that they might not shift at all... In addition to that, my measurements went down everywhere, and my bodyfat percentage went down by a whole percentage! Or, it went down, as the bodyfat counter isn't too likely to be scientifically accurate, but it's still indication of a positive change.

I've been such a good girl, I went for a 2-hour walk yesterday! I met up with the girl I go to the gym with, let's call her... Gymgirl. We've known eachother for a good four years, and have been working out together--I managed to convince her to start going to the gym with me back in September, and I've been working to get her to join me in hydrobics ever since. I finally did it last week, and dragged her along. I find it great to have somebody to work out with, it keeps me (and her) from making excuses and not going. We also live close to one another, so going for walks and whatnot is nice and uncomplicated.

I do work out a lot more (and a lot harder) than she does, but I find it helps when I have somebody to go with most of the time. She needs to lose a lot more weight, around 30kg, but she's also losing it fast--the perks of starting from not having worked out in a long time and having eaten wrong. In a way I'm jealous of how fast she's making progress, but I also know that I need to lose a third of what she does and I've maintained a healthy diet and regular excercising for years. Having been at her size, though, and then losing weight like crazy, makes me wish I could lose weight that fast now. Of course that's not going to happen, since I have so much less to lose.

One thing I've realized is that I'm a hell of a lot fitter than I was, say, a year ago. It's great, but the problem is that I need to work out so much harder to get a proper workout! This means spending a lot longer on the treadmill and increasing speed and elevation more often, increased repetitions with abs and so on. If I wasn't so lazy it'd be much funner, and I've realized that as much as I enjoy excercise, it's taking up a sizeable amount of time. As I'm out of work at the moment that's fine, but I just keep wondering how I'll be able to make time for it when I do get a job. Thinking back to last year, I barely did anything but go to work, then go work out, then have dinner and go to bed. But then again I also commuted for 2 hrs a day.

Oh well. I'm sure I'll figure that one out when I get there.

I was planning on going to the gym today, in addition to hydrobics AND trying out water running (right before hydrobics), but I've come to the conclusion that it might be better if I pass on the gym today--after walking to the hydrobics class AND an intense class of water running, I'd probably drown at hydrobics. So I'll give myself permission to skip gym today (and get a lot of stuff taken care of--I'd be screwed timewise if I went to the gym anyway)

But now I need to get cracking.

No comments: