Friday, January 13, 2006

Bad News = No News

Wow. I appear to be worse with blogging than I am with keeping up with emails. Who would've thunk it.

I can happily blame my lack of writing on traumatic childhood experiences. My dad has a tendency to think that only good news should be reported, and if you ignore bad news they go away--especially if you don't tell anybody. It seems he's gotten the "No news is good news" line down wrong, but as his English isn't all that great I can't be too surprised. Sapir and Whorf, anyone?

It seems I digress.

Progress has not indeed been made the way I fathomed back in August. In fact, there's been very little progress at all despite immense efforts. I'm beginning to think that there is a conspiracy out there (yes, they're all out to get me), and that's why working out rigorously for 5 days a week and eating healthy is not registering on the measuring tape. Not that anything would actually register on the measuring tape, but you know what I mean, and I haven't had enough coffee to write eloquently.

There has, of course, been progress, but not the kind I wanted. What I wanted was to lose the flab, firm up and tone, and go down two clothes sizes while I was at it. And what have I gotten in the past (oh gasp) FIVE months?

I am the exact same size I was in August. I have gotten firmer and less flabby, which is nice. But I have also gained 3 kilos. Must be muscle, as nothing has happened size-wise, but still. What I wanted was to LOSE weight, not gain it. I am noticeably firmer. But that's not saying much, unfortunately. As I have a closet full of clothes two sizes smaller than I am at the moment, I am determined to get there, come hell or high water. Yes, I realize that I was able to get down to that size because I ate too little, didn't excercise enough and was losing muscle instead of fat (which, consequently, is why it didn't last), but I can tell that if I lost the flab I would get there.

So yes. This is what I haven't been posting for the past five months. You've not really missed out on much, there would've been a lot of bitching and whining about the state of affairs.

So why write now? Because I realized I've been neglecting my blog for five months; because I've made quite a bit of progress fitness-wise; and because I'm determined to shift the flab.

Picky is back, and with a whole new can of stubbornness.

1 comment:

Cooks said...

you GO girl!!! In the end all Chickies will prevail or however you write that at this time of night!!! Hang in there!