Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Last Day Before a Long-Awaited Holiday

So, we're off to Riga tomorrow. This will put a brief stop to my excercise plan, but I do plan on doing quite a bit of walking there, so not a complete waste excercise-wise!

So, what happened to me today?
I went to the gym. Quite the accomplishment, considering that it's -11C here--yes, you read correctly--and WINDY. That makes it feel like -30C. At least. So, I dragged my not-so-awake body to the gym, sweat like a pig (nothing like drastic differences in surrounding temperatures) and managed my routine entirely. Well, knowing I wouldn't be going until next Tuesday made me sure I did everything as effectively as possible.

On my way home from the gym the woman from the temp agency I've dealt with in the past (my huge disappointments and hair-tearing might come to mind) called, and asked me if I was interested in an Office Assistant job. Sure, I said, go ahead and send my details. They'll probably interview me next week when we get back from Riga.

An hour ago our real-estate agent called. We've had our place on the market for 3 weeks with this agent, and on Monday he called and said we'd probably get an offer on Tuesday. We didn't hear from him, and assumed the worst. Now he called to say they'd made an offer--one which we'll happily accept--and they'll sign the offer tomorrow. Now I need to somehow make it until tomorrow when it's official and they can no longer back out. I don't know how I'll manage, I'm close to hyperventilating as it is, and I'm not one to hyperventilate. Ever.

Riga is supposed to be colder than where we are right now. It's fucking freezing here, so I hope the forecasts are off by 10 degrees... slim chance, I know. But a girl can hope.

So, this is turning into a good week. I just hope they sign the offer, so that we can really celebrate in Riga.

This is Picky, signing off until Tuesday.

1 comment:

Cooks said...

hope you had fun in Riga (what's it like?) and that the deal has been signed, now wouldnt that be something to come home to? Keep us informed about the job! Have a good weekend Chicky!!