Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday musings

Well, 6 days into my first week things are going OK. Just OK, because I've spent 4 days total in the Capital City, and therefore haven't been able to excercise fully.

I did my situps this morning like the good girl that I am, and noticed that I pulled a back muscle at some point this week--it hurt a bit on Friday, and I thought I'd just slept funny (I'm a very funny person when it comes to anything but comedy), but it's still there. I'm sure it'll pass, maybe it just needs a bit of excercise and no driving! Driving a whopping total of 12 hrs in 5 days is anything but fun, especially on the back and behind.

Today's an exceptionally bleak rainy day, and it looks like my evening jog will be replaced by indoor activities of some kind--although I'm supposed to spend the day cleaning and preening the house, as we have another showing tonight at 6.30. I guess that counts as excercise.

I'm not really looking forward to going to the gym today, but of course I'll go. It's just that it's very straining (but that's the whole point!) and I'm not much of a masochist. Fortunately the treadmill is merciless, and I will get my run whether I like it or not.

Somebody on WT noted that I should make sure I get my heart rate up on the treadmill/elliptical. No worries there, I'm more concerned with passing out on the damned thing than about being too laxed! It's strange how I'm very disciplined when it comes to excercising and eating. If only I could expand that to the rest of my life! MrPicky will vouch how I could use a bit of discipline when it comes to cleaning and doing the laundry. Speaking of which, I actually have a legitimate reason to postpone doing laundry until tonight: I can't very well have clothes drying when people come see the house now can I?! Yesh.

Today will be a treadmill + arms day. It's interesting how both the treadmill and the elliptical have their pros and cons:
the treadmill is torture on my ankles and knees, but time flies when I'm on it (well, not exactly, but time doesn't slow down to a crawl). The elliptical is easy on the ankles and knees, but it seems to exist in a time warp of some kind, where 20 minutes takes 2 hours. Hmm... Well, at least I'm not tempted to swap one for the other when I'm supposed to be on one or the other.
We'll see if I'll be able to do arms properly, what with my shoulder acting up. I'll give it a go, and then maybe do something else. I left my water bottle on my dad's boat, and I will have to cope with an average run-of-the-mill bottle today, as opposed to my fancy .75l workout bottle. I'm sure I'll survive somehow.

Tomorrow is Weigh Day #1. I took a sneak peak on the scale this morning, and I've lost 0.5kg. Not bad, and I wasn't really expecting more, what with only being able to excercise 3 days last week. We'll see if there's any change in measurements tomorrow, I'm not expecting any change after the first week, but next week there better be some results or else!

Well, MrCat has decided to take a nap on the keyboard and typing is getting tough, so I better move on and let him nap (there is no messing with cats' naps).

1 comment:

pickychick said...

hahahaha for the back and the behind...