Friday, August 05, 2005

Perspiring for a Lighter Future - A Cunning Plan

As the kilos aren't going to go the way of the Dodo bird while I watch ER on TV, I have deviced a cunning plan to expedite their departure (and besides, ER is on a break here).

Rigorous excercising and healthy eating are going to ensue.

I went to the gym Tuesday night (right after MrPicky left) and did 20 + 20 min on the elliptical, and 20 min of situps.
Wednesday morning (before leaving for the Capital City Down South) I clawed at the door to my gym for 25 minutes before they opened, and then did 20 + 20 min on the treadmill (I was about to type dreadmill there, how's that for a Freudian slip?) and assorted other excercises.

Yesterday went without a hint of excercise, unless anybody counts driving for 4 hours as excercise...well, ass excercise maybe.

Today I have to run errands all over town; I'll get a nice bit of excercise from that, and then it's off to the gym tonight. Tomorrow I'm going back to the CCDS, and will return Sunday night. I doubt I'll get any excercising done, but we'll see.

On Sunday (or Monday, depending how the boat-thing pans out), I will enter my clockwork regime:

Day 1
Morning - situps (4X50?)
Day - Gym (20+20 on treadmill, arms in between)
Evening - Rollerblading/Jogging/Cycling depending on how I feel and how the weather cooperates

Day 2
Morning - Astanga yoga for 1.5hrs
Day - Gym (20+20 on elliptical, situps in between)
Evening - Rollerblading/Jogging/Cycling depending on how I feel and how the weather cooperates

Day 3
Morning - situps (4x50?)
Day - Gym (20+20 on treadmill, midsection in between)
Evening - same old, same old.

Day4
Morning - Astanga yoga for 1.5hrs
Day - Gym (20 + 20 on elliptical, situps in between)
Evening - would you like to guess at this point?

So there. I plan on using that as my blueprint, and just repeating over and over again. Should work for me, although I have a feeling that once MrPicky returns, evening excercising will start to include tennis, swimming and other things--which is great, as that will break the monotony.

And now that I have announced my cunning plan to the universe, I'm going to have to stick to it to avoid being publically humiliated.
I will keep you posted.

No comments: