Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Well, well.

And there I was, complaining all morning.
Well, I went to the center, and I don't know if it was buying knitting wool and cat food (octagenerian, anyone?), but I felt like going to the gym today. As in really wanted to go, as opposed to dragging myself there.
20min on the elliptical went extremely well, and I came to the conclusion that taking a couple of days off was definitely beneficial. I then proceeded to my situps (4x30 and 2x35)--on top of having done 4x50 this morning--and those went well too. I was lying there after my situps trying to regain strength to head to the treadmill for torture part 2 of the day, when I felt it. Yes, it.
The inner battle resulted in me having to say this, if squeamish, avert your gaze for the next line.
The whole thing turned into a bloody mess. My thingie started right then and there, no forewarning (or maybe I've just gotten used to the cramps this past week, and situps are never completely painless anyway). I dashed to the ladies' (or more like did the penguin-wobble) and remedied the situation with handtowels, enough to let me do my treadmill. Or well, 15 minutes. Then it was go or flow (bad pun day today, apparently).

But, the moral of the story, I went, through thick and thin, blood, sweat and all.

I should probably stop before any squeamish readers go salute the porcelain god.

Hopefully the cramps won't return tomorrow. Although my legs are really sore (right below knees, on the inside), so I'm not sure if I'll be able to manage anyway. Kind of scary they're this sore, they were sore before I went, and it HAS been a couple of days since I last went! Well, I'm sure it'll pass.

The cats are taking over the computer, so I guess all I have left is the knitting. And yes, I'm only 26. Deal with it. I knit.
(but I'll have one hell of a scarf come fall proper!)

No comments: