Tuesday, August 09, 2005

One week later...

Well, here I am, one week later and half a kilo lighter. It was nice to lose at least that, but I was very pleasantly surprised by the change in measurements! I hope that keeps up, only hopefully I'll start showing some improvement in my arms as well.

Last night I dashed to the gym, and despite the muggy air (approaching thunderstorm), feeling tired (due to aforementioned thunderstorm) and having made plans to go out for a girls' night with the neighbors (running out of time), I did my bit.

The treadmill felt heavier than ever, and I think the weather had something to do with it. Also I pushed the incline up to 2, and now I'm not sure where I've had it before. But I will keep it on 2, it's a lot better on my ankles and knees than flat or almost flat.
10 minutes into my first round a guy gets on the adjacent treadmill. After a minute or so, he starts to sweat. Sweat is fine, natural that it is, but HANGOVER sweat is not. I swear I could smell the stale alcohol and a late night kebab snack wafting from his pores. That made the last 10 minutes almost unbearable. People should really stay away from the gym when hungover, not only for health reasons but for the sake of others. I will keep this in mind if I ever (in a moment of insanity) consider working out when hung over.

Today seems to be a sluggish day. The storm is still looming, and the air is so pregnant with the approaching thunder that it feels suffocating. I haven't done my morning stuff yet (oh, and it's yoga day--that'll be a killer in this heat!) but will get to it sooner or later. Possibly later, as after having had 3 ciders on an empty stomach last night (light cider, few calories, so no worries there) I'm taking my time to wake up properly (well, I've been up for 5 hours but still).

I'm interested to see what results this coming week will bring, as I will now be excercising daily, as opposed to the 3 days last week. It would be nice to double the results from last week! Oh well, I'll work out and see. It is a nice change to the spring to actually SEE results, as I spent 14 weeks counting points and excercising daily and where did I end up? 2 kilos heavier and a few centimetres wider. It must have been the stress of the job, I can't really think of any other reason for it.

No comments: