Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Summer's gone bye-bye. Mourning.

Well, summer seems to have made a quick exit.
Yesterday's storm was really rough, apparently train lines were down and lots of trees have fallen. My neighbor's roof started leaking. A passenger helicopter traveling from Tallinn to Helsinki crashed into the sea in Tallinn. So yeah, proper autumn storm.

Excercise-wise yesterday was a complete disaster, too. My slow waking-up process turned into a full-blown hangover in the afternoon, so even thinking of working out was out of the question. Instead of feeling guilty, I decided to feel pleased that I was able to take a day's break from working out (oh, so essential). Well, able and able; I wasn't really able to do anything at all.
Today is a new day, however, and after situps I am now ready for the gym. Well, not quite yet. I'll go in the evening today, as there is no chance of any outdoor excercising in the evening whatsoever. Hopefully I won't get that in the form of our skylights busting in... then I'd get my outdoor excercise right in the bedroom trying to fix the roof!

Annywey, I'm a bit upset about the unexpected arrival of fall. I actually had to put on socks and a sweater today, something I haven't done since Iceland! Well, I have, to go outdoors or to work out (never try without socks..), but you know what I mean.
This also seriously fucks up my excercising plan--outdoor activities are kind of out of the question when water is hurling down at bucket-throwing speed. Well, I'll come up with something I'm sure.

On the bright side (yes, there always is one), I managed to pimp my blog yesterday, a great feat for an almost html-illiterate person. I am still basking in the glory.

No comments: